Tired of concealing dental imperfections? Say goodbye to self-conscious smiles with dental crowns. Designed to tackle issues like discolouration, stains, damage, and misshapen teeth, these custom-made porcelain crowns offer a transformation that lets you confidently showcase your pearly whites. Sunstone Dental knows the impact of dental imperfections on self-esteem, and their solution promises a radiant smile you’ll proudly share.
What are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns, also known as tooth caps, are personalized restorations crafted from materials like porcelain, ceramic, or metal alloys. They are designed to cover and enhance existing teeth, offering improvements in both appearance and function. Dental crowns serve to restore the shape, size, and strength of damaged or weakened teeth, correct alignment and bite issues, and safeguard fragile teeth from further damage. Often integrated into comprehensive dental care, they are used in conjunction with procedures like root canals and dental implants.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns offer a range of advantages that extend beyond aesthetic enhancements. These key benefits include:
- Enhanced Aesthetics: Dental crowns effectively conceal dental imperfections such as stains, discoloration, chips, cracks, and misshapen teeth. Their natural appearance seamlessly blends with existing teeth, resulting in an attractive, uniform smile.
- Improved Strength and Durability: Dental crowns are crafted for robustness, ensuring long-lasting tooth protection. They can endure the rigors of biting and chewing, preserving the functionality and integrity of restored teeth.
- Restored Tooth Functionality: Dental crowns restore the shape, size, and function of damaged teeth, allowing confident eating, speaking, and smiling. They can also enhance bite alignment, facilitating better food chewing and reducing the risk of jaw discomfort.
- Protection for Weak or Damaged Teeth: For weakened or damaged teeth, dental crowns provide an additional layer of defense, preventing further deterioration. This preservation of natural tooth structure reduces the necessity for more extensive future dental treatments.
- Long-term Cost Savings: Despite the initial investment, dental crowns prove cost-effective over time. Their durability ensures they last for years with proper care, reducing the need for frequent replacements or repairs.
The Process of Getting Dental Crowns
Obtaining dental crowns typically involves several steps:
- Consultation and Examination: Your first visit includes a thorough examination of your teeth and gums. Your dentist evaluates the suitability of dental crowns, and together, you’ll create a personalized treatment plan.
- Tooth Preparation: Before placing dental crowns, your dentist prepares the affected tooth by removing a small amount of enamel, ensuring a proper fit and natural appearance. Severe damage or decay may necessitate additional treatments like root canals.
- Impressions and Temporary Crown: Your dentist takes impressions of your teeth to guide the creation of custom dental crowns. In the meantime, a temporary crown protects the prepared tooth and maintains your smile’s appearance.
- Custom Crown Fabrication: Tooth impressions go to a dental laboratory, where skilled technicians meticulously craft your custom dental crowns. They focus on matching the crowns’ colour, shape, and size to your natural teeth for a seamless result.
- Permanent Crown Placement: Once your custom crowns are ready, you return to the dental office for the final placement. Your dentist removes the temporary crown, cleanses the prepared tooth, and carefully bonds the permanent crown in place using dental cement. Any necessary adjustments ensure a comfortable fit and natural appearance.
- Follow-Up and Maintenance: After placing your dental crowns, your dentist provides care instructions. Maintaining their longevity relies on good oral hygiene practices, including regular brushing, flossing, and dental check-ups.
Frequently asked questions about dental crowns
Question: Are dental crowns painful?
Answer: Dental crown procedures are typically painless, thanks to local anaesthesia. Some post-procedure sensitivity may occur, but over-the-counter pain medication can help.
Question: What’s the lifespan of dental crowns?
Answer: Dental crowns can last 10 to 15 years or longer with proper care, although durability varies based on factors like oral hygiene and habits. Regular dental check-ups help monitor their condition.
Question: Can dental crowns be whitened if they stain?
Answer: Dental crowns resist traditional teeth whitening methods. Severe staining may require replacement for aesthetic restoration.
Schedule a Dental Appointment in Delta
Eager to say goodbye to dental imperfections and embrace a confident, radiant smile? Reach out to Sunstone Dental on Nordel Way in Delta, BC today at (604) 428-8722 to discover the transformative power of their dental crowns. With their expertise, attentive care, and unwavering dedication to patient satisfaction, Sunstone Dental is your perfect ally in crafting a smile masterpiece. Don’t delay any further – start your journey towards a more beautiful smile today!