Are you tired of waking up with jaw pain or tooth sensitivity? Look no further, as our night guards are designed to provide exceptional defense against bruxism (teeth grinding) and other nighttime dental issues. With Sunstone Dental’s high-quality night guards, you can finally get a good night’s sleep without worry.
What Are Night Guards?
Night guards are specially crafted dental appliances that shield your teeth from the harmful effects of nighttime grinding and clenching. Constructed from resilient and flexible materials capable of withstanding the forces generated during bruxism, they act as a protective barrier to prevent teeth from making direct contact and absorbing grinding forces, thus minimizing damage risks.
Benefits of Using Night Guards
Night guards offer a range of oral health benefits. They include:
- Prevention of Tooth Wear: Nighttime grinding can cause tooth wear, leading to uneven surfaces and sensitivity. Night guards create a protective barrier, reducing direct contact between your upper and lower teeth, preserving enamel integrity.
- Protection Against Chipped Teeth: Teeth grinding’s force can result in chips and fractures. Night guards absorb this force, preventing damage and reducing the risk of chipped teeth and the need for dental repairs.
- Relief from Jaw Pain and Headaches: Teeth grinding strains the temporomandibular joint (TMJ), causing jaw pain, headaches, and TMJ disorders. Sunstone Dental’s night guards provide cushioning, easing TMJ pressure and promoting muscle relaxation.
- Minimize Costly Dental Work: Repairing grinding-related tooth damage can be expensive and time-consuming. Night guards significantly reduce the risk of such damage, potentially saving you from extensive dental work in the future.
FAQ About Night Guards
Question: Will wearing a night guard be uncomfortable?
Answer: Custom-made night guards are designed for a perfect fit, ensuring maximum comfort. While it may take a few nights to acclimate, most users find them comfortable and often forget they’re wearing them.
Question: Can I still talk and drink with a night guard in place?
Answer: Yes, you can talk and drink while wearing a night guard. Their custom-fit design allows for normal speech and minimal interference with daily activities. However, it’s advisable to remove the night guard when consuming hot beverages.
Question: How long does a night guard last?
Answer: The lifespan of a night guard varies based on factors like material and grinding severity. With proper care and maintenance, night guards can endure for several years, ensuring longevity.
Tips for Maintaining and Caring for Your Night Guard
To ensure your night guard’s longevity and effectiveness, adhere to these care and maintenance guidelines:
- Regular Cleaning: After each use, rinse your night guard with cool water to eliminate saliva and debris. Employ a soft toothbrush with mild soap or toothpaste to gently clean it. Rinse thoroughly and allow it to air dry before storage.
- Proper Storage: When not in use, keep your night guard in a clean, dry container. Avoid exposing it to extreme temperatures or direct sunlight to prevent warping or damage.
- Avoid Hot Water: Hot water can distort the night guard’s shape, affecting its fit and effectiveness. Always use cool or lukewarm water for cleaning and rinsing.
Book an Appointment
Choosing a night guard is a commitment to long-term dental well-being and protection. Don’t allow nighttime teeth grinding to jeopardize your oral health; take charge with a night guard. Secure your appointment with Sunstone Dental today by dialing (604) 428-8722 and start each day with a healthier smile.